LDS Regional Youth Conference
A Perfect Brightness of Hope
June 26-28, 2014
At the Clark County Events Center
WE’RE HERE TO HAVE A GREAT TIME, MAKE MEMORIES, SHARE THE GOSPEL AND BUILD TESTIMONIES!
Thursday, June 26
- 11:00 a.m. Check at the Clark County Fairgrounds Event Center and Housing check in
- 9:30 p.m. Dismiss and pick up
Friday, June 27 9:00 a.m.
- Check in – Wear Youth Conference T-shirt
- 9:30 p.m. Dismiss and pick up
Saturday, June 28
- 9:00 a.m. Check in – Wear Performance Attire
- 9:00 p.m. Dismiss and pick up
- Be modest in your attire as found in For the Strength of Youth guidelines.
- Wear shoes that will be conducive to activities and games. Shoes are to be worn at all times.
- Jeans and Knee length shorts are permitted.
- Shirts with sleeves, no low necks, no tank tops. Nothing revealing. No t-shirts with printing not consistent with church standards.
- If you have a question if what you’re wearing will be ok, then wear something else!
- Avoid being sloppy in appearance. No visible underwear.
- If a Youth is dressed improperly, he/she will be asked to change.
SATURDAY PERFORMANCE ATTIRE:
- Young Men – White church shirt (collared) with a pocket; dark pants, dark shoes and socks.
- Young Women – White blouse or shirt, modest in fit; dark, knee-length or longer skirt; (wearing leggings does not allow for dress length exceptions), dark shoes. Sandals are OK, no flip flops!
- On Thursday, you need to have already had lunch when you check in.
- Belongings Check available all three days for purses, jackets, backpacks, etc.
- Secure instrument storage available.
- Wear wristbands at all times.
- If you need to leave the conference, you MUST check in with your Team Coach and let them know you are leaving and if you will be returning that day.
- Be courteous and kind and be a good representative of yourself, the Youth Conference, your family and the Church. We are guests of the Clark County Fairgrounds and will show respect to the Fairgrounds staff, facilities and surrounding areas. Be respectful and courteous to the Team Coaches and team members, volunteers, helpers and adult leaders. Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- Parents and host families, please be on time to pick up your youth at the conclusion of each day.
MEDICAL SERVICES: Michael Dansie, M.D. will be on site for the duration of the conference to provide first aid services.
FOOD: Dinner will be provided on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Lunch will be provided Friday and Saturday. Menu choices will accommodate vegetarian and gluten restricted diets. However, we cannot provide gluten free food.
CELL PHONES: Cell phones are allowed and encouraged for the purpose of taking pictures and posting them on Instagram as well as accessing scriptures. Your cell phone must be only used in appropriate ways and at appropriate times. Phones must be silenced and not used during devotionals, speakers, the Friday concert and any of the Saturday performances.
- Devotionals with Pres. Randall (North Stake President) and Bro. Collier (CES Director)
- Performance Rehearsal
- Fun Games
- Dance, carnival games and food
- Movie – Despicable Me 2
- Service Projects
- Performance Dress Rehearsal
- Fun Games and Activities – basketball, team games, volleyball, etc.
- Devotional Elder Call (Area Seventy)
- Concert by Kenneth Cope (EFY Composer and Singer)
- Performances at 11:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m.
Questions: Dale and Kay Patterson, Directors – (360) 891-0832 (H); (360) 798-3025 (Dale cell); (360)904-2361 (Kay cell).